Wednesday, June 11, 2008

the photo machine


With the concept of street style breaking into the mainstream and 'everyday' people gracing the pages of magazines aswell as the style blogs, Topshop, on top of the game as ever, has lanuched a collaboration with the Helmut Newton Foundation which gives everyone a chnce to jump in front of the camera lens.

In tune with the rise of sites like Facehunter and The Sartorialist and also a happy coincidence for the gaggles of teenage girls that already photograph themselves in the changing rooms, the Helmut Newton Photo Machine is travelling around the UK.

Inspired by the late photographer's idea from the 1970's that a teams of stylists, a photographer and crew aren't needed for a photograph and that a model can do a fine job armed wth The Machine, a pose and the click of a button.

I'm very excited by this idea. Further proof that Topshop is somewhat a modern day superbrand with a fantastic team of innovators coming up with some bloody marvelous ideas. That in-store hairbar, the consistent quality of the designer collections and the sponsership of the new generation of designers, on top of the best of designs on the high street. The photographs will also be available to flick through on the regularly updated site. Oh Topshop, you spoil us.

The Photo Machine is in-store at Oxford Circus, London until June 15th.
Manchester Andale
June 17th-22nd
Dublin St Stephens Green
June 17th-22nd

18 comments:

Lana said...

What a genius and innovative idea. And very now too! Aaah why don't we have a Topshop here in Holland, boeh!
And is that Susie?

Miss at la Playa said...

this is a brilliant idea... I'd love to have a photograph of me like that

Anonymous said...

It's definitely Susie! I just wish I'd know who the others are.. In case they're an authority in the blogosphere, me bad!

Unknown said...

oo i so wanna try this :D darn college interfering with my free time :(

WendyB said...

That looks like fun.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

That looks so awesome. I like the concept and the finished products.

Ella Gregory said...

I do really rate Topshop for sponsering new designers, I think that is really important. But if I am honest I think Zara is much better.
But this event does look very fun. What I want to know is do they ever do this stuff in places other than Oxford street? I've always been curious
What are the Topshop's like near you?
x x x x x x x

Anonymous said...

yup that is me.... the machine is natural beautifier...haven't seen a bad pic off it yet...

cleolikesyou said...

I've put your blog in my cool blogs list, if you don't mind;)
i really like it!

Reena Rai said...

I wish I could make it up to London in time to take some pics =( It's such an awesome idea, and the pictures look amazing

AlicePleasance said...

It's really a great idea and the results are so interesting too!

Anonymous said...

wow that is awesome! I just love topshop and you Brits in general

Lana said...

Btw, I tagged you. Take a look at my blog, to find out! :)

..... said...

great concept !! take me take me please

Anonymous said...

oh i want this machine!

ciara said...

obviously the only thing to do now is get myself down to London pronto!

www.feathersandsequins.blogspot.com

A. said...

ohmygoodness ohmygoodness ohmygoodness

oh, topshop...only you.

ontheballhall said...

This looks like such a good time!
I dream of the day Top Shop opens in Canada...or at least delivers to Canada.