Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Outfit


Gung huh ahh. I have new clothes! Yeahh. Today I took a trip to Goodwill and managed to find some pretty damn nice clothes with which to reinvigorate my pity state of wardrobe funk-dom which has involved wearing roughly the same 5 outfits since I've been in the States. Picture it if you will; me walking out of Goodwill with a grin on my face, strutting through the lot, two bulging plastic bags in hand with the sweeping chords of Chaka Khan's 'I'm Every Woman' playing.  

I also stopped into a great little hospice shop that I was passing on my way back. As soon as I stepped in I felt like I was in some sort of ode to the Golden Girls with lots of older women shouting across the perfectly arranged shop (which seemed to be a house, with different departments in different rooms) saying things like 'Oh Rhohnda, whadda you getting today?' or 'oh, sweetie, those are selling like hawtcakes!' as I perused a couple of cute rainmacs. When I told one of the women browsing the same rack as me that I didn't know about this place but loved it already she just smiled and said 'oh, you'll be back', half like a threat but also like an invite to an exclusive party that happens every weekday and includes only those who are wise and over 50. 

So among my loot I left with one of the raincoats, in a teal colour and with a fantastic whale print lining and a great little tank top from Goodwill in pastel pink (not a colour I usually wear) with black piped seams around the neck and shoulders. Which is pretty perfect because I've been thinking lots about Diner waitresses and 1950s blouses with black piping over the past few days.

Tomorrow morning I'm off to spend a few days visiting some of my best friends in California. I'll be in Berkeley for a couple of days before driving down to Santa Cruz (preferably along the coast listening to Burt Bacharach-that might be a long shot though) so i'm particularly looking forward to boogieing with my crew and actually feeling semi-presentable in some new (to me) clothes. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the rain coat especially the lining!! and you've made me miss Golden Girls, now im gonna have to dig out some downloads and watch it all over again lol

Anonymous said...

DAT MAC!!!!!!!

Joana Chaves said...

Love the jacket, the colour is cute :)



xo Joana

Fifi's machine said...

Sweet. Nothing better than a succesful haul. Especially when the merchandise bought includes whales. Full marks! Fifi x

Dress With Flare said...

That rain mac is the cutest!